- To recruit, develop and evaluate provincial officials.
- To increase the quantity of officials and to improve and set a high standard of officiating in Manitoba.
- To assist coaches and athletes as requested.
- To keep up to date with the WKF rules and make amendments to the provincial rules of competition.
- To assist and perform other duties or tasks as requested by the Board of Directors.
The Officials program provides positive instruction and practice to prepare participants in officiating at Karate Manitoba events. Participants will learn the WKF rules of competition as adopted by Karate Manitoba and Karate Canada. The program will help the participants achieve Provincial licensing and help those wishing to achieve National licensing.
The Official committee oversees the training and development of all provincial level official. The committee will monitor the development and certification of all officials.
Provincial officials must be of 16yrs of age with a minimum of brown belt status and be a KM member in good standings.
Junior Officials must be of 14yrs of age with a minimum of purple belt and be a KM member in good standing.
In order to benefit all parties, the Official training program will now be at the same time as team training sessions. All Karate Manitoba members wishing to learn the rules of competition, be of 16 yrs of age with a minimum of brown can participate. Please consult the calendar on the Karate Manitoba web site.
If have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Chair of the Officials Committee.
Chair, Karate Manitoba Officials Committee